Kayaking and Canoeing on the Potomac River, Shenandoah River & Antietam Creek
River and Trail Outfitters provides quality kayaks & canoes and the widest variety of rental trips on the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers as well as Antietam Creek. For novice kayaking and canoeing, there are scenic mellow water trips featuring beautiful scenery and wildlife. For more experienced boaters, there are a variety of beginner to intermediate whitewater runs in and around Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. Only one hour from Washington DC on the Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia border, River & Trail offers the convenience of camping on the Potomac River, where many of our trips begin. For those people who have enjoyed the beauty and challenge of whitewater rafting, canoeing or kayaking affords a more personal experience with your boat, your companion, and the river.
For your maximum enjoyment, we recommend that at least one person in each boat has basic paddling, river safety and steering skills. You can expect some riffles and rapids on all of our trips and rentals – rivers are not lakes and moving water requires attentive paddling. Kayak lessons and Canoe lessons providing basic instruction are suggested for first timers and those looking to improve their skills. Certified guides are also available for canoe or kayak rentals for groups.
- Scenic trip on the Monocacy River nr Frederick, Maryland
- Brew master's tour of the brewery
- Beer tasting & appetizers
- Full glass of your favorite beer
- Experience the quiet and solitude of the evening river
- Witness great blue herons and wild birds feeding
- Choose from single or tandem kayak or canoe
- Paddle the scenic Shenandoah
- Guided tour with picnic
- Visit the Historical Bloomery Plantation Distlillery
- Sip handcrafted cordials and cellos & enjoy live music
- Paddle one of the top 60 paddling streams in N. America
- Historical commentary on famous Burnside Bridge
- Includes fresh & local foods outdoor brunch
- Fun beginner whitewater!
|"thank you again for a wonderful weekend of whitewater kayaking over the Memorial Day weekend. I attended the two day kayak lesson and had a fantastic time…Valerie, Mike, and Curry were excellent guides, instructors, and motivators. I can't wait to come back!"|