Kayaking, Canoeing and Paddling
Ride the River: Trips down the Potomac & Shenandoah Rivers PLUS Antietam Creek
River and Trail Outfitters provides quality kayaks & canoes and the widest variety of rental trips on the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers as well as Antietam Creek. For novice kayaking and canoeing, there are scenic mellow water trips featuring beautiful scenery and wildlife. For more experienced boaters, there are a variety of beginner to intermediate whitewater runs in and around Harpers Ferry, West Virginia.
Only one hour from Washington DC on the Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia border, River & Trail offers the convenience of camping on the Potomac River, where many of our trips begin. For those people who have enjoyed the beauty and challenge of whitewater rafting, canoeing or kayaking affords a more personal experience with your boat, your companion, and the river.
For your maximum enjoyment, we recommend that at least one person in each boat has basic paddling, river safety and steering skills. You can expect some riffles and rapids on all of our trips and rentals – rivers are not lakes and moving water requires attentive paddling. kayak lessons and canoe lessons providing basic instruction are suggested for first timers and those looking to improve their skills. Certified guides are also available for canoe or kayak rentals for groups.
Call 301-834-9950 for reservations or Book Online Now!
- Scenic paddle on the Monocacy River nr Frederick, Maryland
- Brew master's tour of the brewery
- Beer tasting & appetizers
- Full glass of your favorite beer
- Order dinner from the menu if you choose
- Experience the quiet and solitude of the evening river
- Witness great blue herons and wild birds feeding
- Choose from single or tandem kayak or canoe
- Paddle the scenic Shenandoah
- Guided tour with picnic
- Visit the Historical Bloomery Plantation Distlillery
- Sip handcrafted cordials and cellos & enjoy live music
- Paddle one of the top 60 paddling streams in N. America
- Historical commentary on famous Burnside Bridge
- Includes fresh & local foods outdoor brunch
- Fun beginner whitewater!
They skillfully take you through the rapids but then allow you to play some too. I thought they did a great job of managing the diverse wants of the group. I would highly recommend this trip to my friends.