Boat & Brew – Barley & Hops Brewery Tour
- Dates: No currently scheduled tours. Please call us for custom group tours.
- Duration: 5 hours
- Price: $89
- Includes: Guide, Boat, Equipment, Shuttle, Beer Tasting & Tour, Appetizers
- Location: Frederick, Maryland
River & Trail Outfitters fills beer lovers to the rim with a fun boating and beer dynamic duo. Start by paddling down the Monocacy River then follow it by sipping quenching samples and pints of beer at Barley and Hops Microbrewery.
The quenching dynamic duo day launches Saturday mornings with a relaxing guided 5.8 miles kayak or canoe tour along the mellow Monocacy River, the second largest tributary of the Potomac with a few lively ledges and riffles. Paddlers of all levels will share the waterways with black ducks, mallards and visiting sandpipers, while drinking in the surrounding fragrant forest, farmlands and breathtaking Catoctin Mountains.
The schmoozy-cruise caps off at Barley and Hops Microbrewery, where the folks there believe “Life’s too short to drink bad beer.” Head brewer Eric Gleason shares his blending wealth of knowledge during a light-handed educational tour of the popular brewery. Afterwards, it’s tasting time! Paddlers get to sample handcrafted brews – with fun names like Annapolis Rocks Pale Ale, Francis Scott Key IPA, and seasonals such as Dirty Love & Moulin Bruges. Tasty appetizers make the beer taste even better while burgers, ribs, sandwiches and salads can be ordered off the menu at an additional cost.
2019 Tour Dates
Less than 24 hrs notice? Call 301-834-9950
*spaces fill fast
Add 5% amusement fee + $2.50 user fee/person
- Canoe or kayak rental
- Award-winning beer tasting
*Tips for the guide(s) and bartender are appreciated, but not expected
- Group discounts for groups of 25 or more receive $2 off the price before tax.
- For the river trip: Be sure and bring a sack lunch/snack in a waterproof, compressible bag, and plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated
- 10:00am Meet the group at the river take-out below the Monocacy River bridge
- 10:30am Depart for river put-in
- 2:00pmish Take off the water, change from river shoes into close-toed shoes and drive to brewery
(sandals are not permitted in brewery due to OSHA law)
- 2:30pm-4:30pm Brewery Tour and kick back and enjoy the beer!
*Trip length may vary according to current water levels
What to bring
- dry change of clothes
- suntan lotion
- glasses strap
- water bottle
River and Trail Outfitters Store Supplies:
- Snacks and drinks
- Trip Souvenirs such as t-shirts, hats, and patches
- Items you might forget like suntan lotion, inexpensive river shoes
- Quality outdoor gear such as kayaks, canoes, and paddling gear
Canoe or Kayak the Monocacy River and find yourself at Barley and Hops in Frederick Maryland!
Directions to Paddling Portion of the Trip
IMPORTANT: We do NOT meet at River & Trail!
Directions From Washington DC to the Mouth of the Monocacy
190 W, traveling west, turn right on Esworthy Road.After 2 miles take a slight right on Seneca Rd. Turn left onto MD-28 W/ Darnestown Rd. Continue to follow MD- 28 W twelve and a half miles. Turn left on the Mouth of Monocacy RD, bear right and the parking lot will be on your right.
Directions from Mouth of Monocacy to Barley and Hops, Frederick MD
From the Mouth of the Monocacy parking lot veer Left onto Mouth of Monocacy Rd, take a Left on MD- 28 W towards Dr Belt road turn right on Park Mills Rd. After 7 miles turn left on MD-355 N after a mile and a half to Barley and Hops Grill & Microbrewery will be on the right.
Boat & Brew Adventure!
River & Trail Outfitters is proud to partner with Best Western Historic Frederick to offer our guests this exclusive opportunity. Experience the very best of Frederick’s scenic surroundings on the river and at the brewery, then spend the night at a hotel close to downtown Frederick’s historic district, at a valuable discounted rate. Here’s how it works:
Book R&T Outfitters’ “Boat & Brew” Adventure with us by calling 301-834-9950.
Add an overnight stay at Best Western for only $83.00 + tax.
That’s a savings of over $25 on your overnight stay, including breakfast in the morning!
To Book Your Best Western Stay
Call the hotel direct at 301-695-6200.
We Look Forward To You Joining Us!
Please Note: Spaces on these popular trips are limited and fill fast. Book Now To Secure Your Spot!