2-Day Overnight Canoeing & Kayaking Trip
- Dates: Apr – Oct
- Duration: 2 days
- Price: $175/canoe, $132/kayak
- Includes: Boats, Life Vests, Paddles, Shuttle
- Location: Shenandoah River from Rt 50 to Moulton Park
2 Day Paddling Trip Rentals
2 Day Canoe & Kayak Camping
Shenandoah River above Harpers Ferry, West Virginia from Rt 50 to Moulton Park
Kayakers and Canoers will enjoy this novice overnight camping trip on the Shenandoah River above Harpers Ferry. This trip is a perfect getaway for families, couples, and groups!
As you paddle this scenic river, you will find yourself navigating small rapids and ledges as well as paddling through mellow water sections, allowing for relaxation and play. In your canoe or kayak, you will wind your way down river through the scenic Shenandoah Valley, nestled between the rolling Blue Ridge Mountains.
Paddling trips on the Shenandoah often include wildlife sightings of birds such as blue heron, osprey, egrets, and sometimes bald eagles. You can bring your fishing pole or just enjoy watching the fish jump around you. Canoers and kayakers will enjoy the solitude, relaxation, fishing, and sunbathing opportunities along this winding and beautiful stretch of the Shenandoah River.
CANOE & KAYAK RENTAL INFO
2 Day Rental includes: Canoe $175/boat
*best suited for 2-day due to capacity to carry gear
boat rental, life vests, paddles, and two way shuttle Single Rec Kayak $132/boat Groups 10 or more boats receive 10% off when paying collectively
Non-profits should inquire about weekday specials
* Add 5% amusement fee + 6% sales tax + $2.50/person user fee
If fishing: For this trip, both WV and VA fishing licenses are needed.
Shenandoah River: Rt 50-Moulton Park Details
Weekends & Weekdays Difficulty When 9:30am depart, 4:00 PM pickup Novice: Class I-II Distance/time First day 15 miles / second day 14 5-6.5 hrs. each day Age & Weight 7 yrs. old and 50 lbs. Camping Camping: River islands around Rt. 7 bridge for groups of 5 or less during dry weather or Watermelon Campground 540-955-4803 (Campground has full facilities.) River & Trail is not affiliated with Watermelon Park. You will need to call to see if they are open and have space available for you. Customers will need to bring water, food, etc… if camping on river islands. May also need machete for clearing. Shuttle Shuttle goes out with our regular morning shuttle and 2-dayers are dropped off after everyone else. Customer cars get parked at our water front property at Millville. Customers will be shuttled back to their cars at the end of the trip.
River & Trail recommends that people participating in canoe and kayak rentals have basic knowledge of how to steer the craft they are renting through moving water and Class II riffles and ledges. For first timers, we recommend our “park and paddle” program, our beginner kayak lesson, or our guided whitewater sit-on-top trip.
How to dress for river activities:
What to bring
- dry change of clothes
- suntan lotion
- glasses strap
- water bottle
River and Trail Outfitters Store Supplies:
- Snacks and drinks
- Trip Souvenirs such as t-shirts, hats, and patches
- Items you might forget like suntan lotion, inexpensive river shoes
- Quality outdoor gear such as kayaks, canoes, and paddling gear
Directions To River and Trail Outfitters in Harpers Ferry, WV
Check-in location: 99 Cary Lu Circle #108 Harpers Ferry, WV
What do you need to bring?
- Camp Towels
- Biodegradable soap for dishes & body
- Hand Sanitizer or wipes (wash hands before preparing food)
- Drinking water for everyone (depending on camping, clean drinking water may not be available, so bring your own)
- Lighter or matches
- Zip locks
- Trash bags
- Quick-dry pants/shorts/swimsuit
- Water shoes with straps and toe protection
- Hat with brim
- Rain gear
- Warm clothes
- For weather below 75, avoid cotton and wear wool, non-cotton fleece, polypro, silk, etc…
- Toilet paper and hand shovel or trowel
- Headlamp or flashlights (spare batteries & bulb)
- Sleeping bag, pad, & pillow
- Cell phone in waterproof case
- Sunglasses, sunglass strap
- Plastic bailer (milk jug with bottom cut off)
- Waterproof bags for gear & food (must have way to secure them to boat)
- Cam straps to tie bags to boat
- Machete for clearing brush as needed for river island camping
Many of the other items we usually have for sale in our Outfitter shop, such as: dry bags, waterproof cameras, cam straps, sunglass straps, water shoes, hats, and waterproof boxes.
– For camping on the Shenandoah, River & Trail recommends Watermelon Park Campground. Primitive camping on a river islands is available for small parties during dry weather. River & Trail is not affiliated with Watermelon Park. You will need to call to see if they are open and have space available for you.
– Pack as compactly as you can and remember to strap in all your gear so that in case of flipping, you will not lose it. Canoes are best for overnight trips. Single kayaks can be mixed with canoes and hold some gear.
Going to the bathroom in the woods:
- Find a place away from the water and downstream of where you will be camping or swimming.
- Dig a hole 1 foot deep and no wider than about 6 inches with a hand shovel or stick. Falling in your own hole ruins the outdoor excreting experience.
- Pack all toilet paper and feminine products out in a ziplock bag.
- Cover the hole with dirt, pack it loosely so that it biodegrades quickly.
We Look Forward To You Joining Us!
Please Note: Spaces on these popular trips are limited and fill fast. Book Now To Secure Your Spot!