RV Camping on the Potomac and C&O Canal
- Dates: Mar 27- Nov 1
- Duration: 2 night minimum Fri & Sat
- Price: $49- $80
- Includes: 30 & 50 amp, full-hookup
- Location: Brunswick, MD
Brunswick Family Campground and RV park, is on a secluded stretch of land between the Potomac River and the C&O Canal National Historical Park in Frederick County, Maryland – just 15 minutes from Harpers Ferry, WV. The Canal’s scenic towpath winds past the Brunswick Campground and provides the only road access to this riverfront camping area. So sit back, and enjoy the scenic views of Short Hill Mountain, the Potomac River, great blue herons and the occasional eagle that passes by.
RVing at Brunswick is perfect for biking, hiking, boating and exploring the history of the canal.
Field and wooded RV sites are available. Lovers of the outdoors and American history will find an abundance of activities within 10-30 minutes of Brunswick, MD. Three additional national parks make for great areas of exploration. Kids and adults alike will enjoy visiting Antietam National Park, Harpers Ferry National Park and hiking along sections of the famous Appalachian Trail. Whitewater rafting, tubing, canoeing, kayaking, biking, team building, and canopy tours are available close by. River & Trail Outfitters offers a 10% discount on all outdoor activities except the zip line for all campers. Group or multi-trip discounts are available as a separate offer.
Facilities Provided at Brunswick Campground
- 50 RV sites, 30 & 50 AMP electric service, RV dumping station for our campers
- 3 Full hook up sites with sewer and electric
- Picnic table and fire pit
- Water hookups
- Bath house with hot showers
- Horseshoes, volleyball, shuffleboard, basketball
- Use of playground
- Ice and vending machines
- Wildflowers, birds, wildlife along the river trails
- Complimentary limited bandwidth WiFi is available at check in and most RV sites. Internet speeds can accomodate social media use and general web browsing.
For those sensitive to noise, wear earplugs or bring your iPod. The campground is located near the train tracks that border the C&O Canal and sounds of trains break the silence.
RV Park Information
- Nearby Attractions
- Campground Store & Outdoor Activities
- Reservations and Map
Days & Holidays Area A, B & C (30 amp) Area D (50 amp) Full Hook-up
w/e & sewer
Sun-Thurs $49 $53 $59 Fri & Sat (2 night minimum) $64 $69 $79
(3 night minimum)
$74 $79 $89
July 4th Week
July 2nd-July 4th
(2 night minimum)
$74 $79 $89
Sept 4th-Sept 6th
(3 night minimum)
$74 $79 $89
Discounts: Weekly (20% off), Two Weeks (30% off), 4 Weeks (40% off)
Maximum of 5 people per RV Site
Make your reservation online
*View Campground Map
- Campers who wish to check in BEFORE 3pm or check out AFTER 11am, may do so for a $25 fee. This option is based on site availability.
Pavilion rentals (maximum 75 people)
Pavilion #2 (on left of entrance) & Pavilion #3 (behind #2)
Half day (4 hours) $95
Full day (8 hours) $175
Check in time is 3pm and later
Check out time is 11 am
Campers who wish to check in BEFORE 3pm or check out AFTER 11am, may do so for a $25 fee. This option is based on site availability.
Cancellation & Payment Policy.
- Individuals: Payment is due upon making the reservation. No money refunds are given. However, you may reschedule your trip to a later date with two days notice.
- Groups of 20 or more: 50% due at time of reservation, final payment is due 7 days prior to arrival. No refund with less than three weeks notice. With three weeks notice, River and Trail keeps 5% for administrative costs. Numbers may be fine tuned up until 7 days prior.
- Friendly pets are allowed as long as they are on leash at all times. Dogs must not be the type to bark much as it disturbs other campers. Please be sure and scoop up your poop!
- People 16 & older must have Maryland fishing licenses to fish in the Potomac. Licenses can be bought at Brunswick Hardware on Potomac Street in Brunswick, MD.
- 10:00pm – 9:00am
- Alcohol is not permitted anywhere in the campground except within one’s RV, trailer, or tent. Those who violate this policy will be asked to leave with no refund.
We reserve the right to move campers as necessary.
Paddling, Tubing, & Biking right from the campground!
RV camping on the shores of the Potomac River and by the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal in Brunswick, Maryland. All activities depart right from the campground making for easy, convenient FUN! Biking & Tubing based on availability at a given time and equipment must be returned by 7pm.
- 12pm departure from the campground, easy 7 mile float with return shuttle included (weekday departure at 11am
- Float a gentle stretch of the Potomac River. Walk up river 3/4 mile and enjoy a lazy float back to the campground. Go as many times as you want. Three other tubing trips are available in the Harpers Ferry area.
- Rentals on the scenic Chesapeake & Ohio Canal
*Book tent or RV camping separately from activities
River & Trail Outfitters offers a 10% discount on all tours to all Brunswick campers during their stay (except the $20 zipline.)
No double discounts.
- Biking rentals on the C&O Canal
- Whitewater rafting, tubing, kayaking, canoeing
- Themed paddling tours Hiking trails and hiking group tours
- Brunswick Railroad Museum with its famous HO-scale model trains
- Brunswick Swimming Pool
- Antique Shops
- Brunswick Rail yards and train station
- Civil War sites including Harpers Ferry National Historical Park, Antietam National Battlefield, Monocacy Battlefield Park,
- Gathland and Gambrill State Parks
- Nearby Restaurants: Beans n the Belfry, King’s Pizza, Potomac Street Grill
- Nearby Grocery Store: WEIS- approx 3-4 miles from campground
Brunswick Campground is located approx 15 minutes from Harpers Ferry, WV and approx 25 minutes from Frederick, MD.
The closest mapable address is: 40 Canal Road Brunswick, MD 21716.
Hikers/Bikers on the C&O Canal towpath: The campground is located between mileposts 54 and 55.
Directions from DC/Baltimore area to Brunswick Campground:
Take 270N to 70W, or 70W to Frederick. At Frederick, take exit #52 to 340 W. Go approximately 9 miles and take the “Petersville” 180 exit. Turn left onto 180 W(Jefferson Pike). Go 1.7 miles, turn left onto MD-79 W/Petersville Rd. Go approximately 2 miles to a stop light. Continue straight through the stop light to the bottom of the hill where you will enter a traffic circle. Take the 4th turnoff (sign says “to A street” and Marc Train). Bear right immediately onto Maple Ave to the stop light, go straight through. Once you are at the MARC train station parking area, go over 2 sets of railroad tracks and down a mini-hill to the stop sign (t-intersection). Turn left onto the gravel road and continue about 3/4 mile(this is the C&O Canal). Campground is on the right.
Directions from Northern Virginia:
Take 7 West (or 267 W the Greenway toll road) to route 9 West. Go 5-6 miles and turn right onto VA-287 N/Berlin Turnpike. Go 6.6 miles, turn left onto W. Broad Way. After 120 feet, turn right again onto VA-287 N/Berlin Turnpike. Go 2-3 miles, cross the Potomac River Bridge into Maryland. Enter the traffic circle and take the 2nd turnoff (sign says “to A street” and Marc Train). Bear right immediately onto Maple Ave to the stop light, go straight through. Once you are at the MARC train station parking area, go over 2 sets of railroad tracks and down a mini-hill to the stop sign (t-intersection). Turn left onto the gravel road and continue about 3/4 mile(this is the C&O Canal). Campground is on the right.
Directions from Harpers Ferry area and River & Trail Outfitters:
Take 340 N/E for 4-5 miles from Harpers Ferry into Maryland. Take the 180 to 478 exit to Knoxville Brunswick. Go 1/2 mile and turn right onto MD-478 E/Knoxville Rd (not an intersection). Go 2.3 miles and turn right at the stop light onto S Maple Ave. Once you are at the MARC train station parking area, go over 2 sets of railroad tracks and down a mini-hill to the stop sign (t-intersection). Turn left onto the gravel road and continue about 3/4 mile(this is the C&O Canal). Campground is on the right.
River and Trail Outfitters Campground Store Supplies:
Snacks and drinks
Camping supplies & souvenirs
Kayaks & Canoes to try before you buy
Check-in for the following trips at our Campground Store:
- Book on-line RVs Area A
- Book on-line RVs Area B
- Book on-line RVs Area C
- Book on-line RVs Area D
- Book on-line full hook up sites (3 available)
For reservations, please call 301-834-9950 until 5-7pm (depending on the day). Otherwise, you can check in directly at the campground. A manager can check you in until 9pm. Otherwise, you can find an open spot and pay in the morning. Please be sure to be courteous of others if setting up during evening hours.