Scouts Adventure Programs
Boy & Girl Scouts near Harpers Ferry, WV.
Boy & Girl Scouts Outdoor Adventures near Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
Special Adventure Packages for Scouts
Harpers Ferry White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing, Tubing, Zip Lining, Hiking, Teambuilding & More.
Only one hour from Washington DC & Baltimore beltways, River & Trail Outfitters has been serving Scouts, both Girl Scout and Boy Scouts Troops for almost 50 years.
River & Trail founder Lee Baihly was an Eagle Scout with a passion for getting youth outside to experience our local rivers and trails. Enjoy affordable, proven adventure packages offering skills development, teambuilding, and lots of fun at an affordable price.
Earn Scout Merit Badges!
- Boy Scouts can earn Whitewater Merit Badges.
- Girl Scouts can earn the Ultimate Recreation Badge or the Senior Paddling Badge.
- Brownies can earn the Brownie Adventurer Badge.
Shenandoah and Potomac River Rafting
- Excellent beginner whitewater fun!
- 15% off before May 1-28 & Sep 7- Oct 31
- Special Scout Trip October 9th, Saturday @ 9am
- Group rates always available.
- Minimum age: 7 & 50 lbs.
Canoeing Trips on the Potomac or Shenandoah Rivers, and Antietam Creek
- Half day, full day, multi day trips
- Mellow water to Class III whitewater
- Includes all equipment, shuttle, certified guides available
- Discounts available. Minimum age 7 & 50 lbs.
Tubing Trips on the Potomac or Shenandoah Rivers
- Your choice of tubing on the Shenandoah or Potomac
- Get 15% off before Jun 21 and after Aug 15 (except Labor Day Weekend)
- Promo code: SCOUTTUBE for 15% off
- Minimum age: 7 & 50 lbs. Or 12 & 90 lbs. for whitewater
- Group rates are always available
Kayaking lessons include an on-land paddling orientation covering equipment, safety, and need-to-knows. All participants should bring a bag lunch, followed by a scenic 5.5 mile paddle on the Potomac River from Brunswick to Point of Rocks.
- Includes paddling orientation, guides, equipment, shuttle
- Earn steps 1-4 of the Senior Paddling Badge
- 9:30am arrival, for 10am start
- $54 including fees. Minimum age 7 & 50 lbs.
Zip, Rope and Rock
- Minimum age 10
- Zip, Rope and Rock Days for Scouts: Saturday, October 2
- Other fall dates may be available for groups of 30
Rock & River Party
- Two hours on our 25 foot climbing wall
- Choose between tubing or paddling
- Includes guides, shuttle for tubing, equipment
- $39/person. Minimum age 7 & 50 lbs.
- River Party Day for Scouts: Sunday, September 26, 1pm-5pm
This guided hike by River and Trail Outfitters teaches you the skills you need to survive if you get lost in the woods. It’s a perfect event for girl scouts and boy scouts who can earn badges while familiarizing themselves with the wilderness. Minimum of 10 people except for on the Days for Scouts.
Hear survival stories and learn pre-hike planning
- Learn about manufacturing and purifying water
- Build a debris hut
- Minimum age 7 & 50 lbs.
- Survival Hike Days for Scouts: Sunday, June 6 and Saturday, October 16
Brunswick Family Campground on the Potomac River
- Tent Camping, Cabins, RVs
- Located on the C&O Canal and Potomac River
- Within 15 minutes of Harpers Ferry, WV
- Onsite canoeing, kayaking, tubing Jun-Oct
- Scout rate for tent camping $10/person
Scavenger Hunt Scout Packages
Harpers Ferry Scavenger Hunt: Learn about the history of Harpers Ferry while finding clues in the museums and monuments of the town. Developed by two local history teachers, in conjunction with experts from the National Park, this historical scavenger hunt provides a fun way to teach history as well as foster team work. Other teambuilding packages also available.
- Explore & learn in a fun and experiential way
- May be combined with a rafting trip
- Great half day activity starting at 1pm
- $27.50 including fees. Minimum age 8 & 50 lbs.
GROUP ONLY TOURS
These tours are available for groups only. Minimum group sizes apply. Terrific outdoor fun with hiking, canoeing and kayaking, and ziplining, only an hour away from the DC/Baltimore Metro Area – what could be better!!,