Plan Your Harpers Ferry Adventure!
The best rafting, tubing, canoeing and kayaking fun is only an hour from the DC/Baltimore beltway. Make it a mini getaway with camping or cabins!
Go Play on rivers and trails with the #1 Adventure Company in Harpers Ferry!
Explore the best Area Adventures here
Explore Harpers Ferry adventures with white water rafting, tubing, kayaking & canoeing trips. Hit the trails for area hiking tours or grab a bike rental for the C&O Canal Towpath. Find ziplining, camping options, and unique specialty paddling tours that only River & Trail offers.
Four Locations, Get to Your Fun Faster
If you are looking for an outdoor adventure, you’ve found it! With 4 locations in the Harpers Ferry, West Virginia area, River & Trail is conveniently located about one hour from Washington DC & Baltimore in the tri-state area of Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia. We offer locals and visitors the best in activities this beautiful place has to offer.
Shenandoah & Potomac River rafting, tubing, Kayaking & Canoeing fun!
White Water Rafting Harpers Ferry
- Shenandoah & Potomac River rafting daily
- Half-day, guided trips
- Riverside snack on every trip!
- Float by historical Harpers Ferry
- Kids & beginners are welcome
- No experience needed.
River Tubing Harpers Ferry
- Shenandoah River tubing rentals – mellow float trips
- Potomac River tubing – guided float trips
- Potomac River whitewater tubing rentals
- 3 Trip Options – choose your fun based on your group!
Kayak & Canoe Rentals
- Daily rentals available: up to 3 hours, half day, full day, or multi day
- Rentals for the Shenandoah & Potomac Rivers, & Antietam Creek
- Boat shuttles available
- Private Lessons available
- Store with used boat sales!
Kayaking & Canoeing Tours - Guided
- Unique Specialty Kayak Tours not available anywhere else!
- Evening Potomac Sunset Kayak Tour
- Paddling Tours to Local Wineries
- Paddling Tours to Local Breweries
- Gorgeous scenery & wildlife!
- Beginners welcome!
Bike Rentals, Tours & Shuttles
- Half or Full Day Rentals for the C&O Canal Towpath
- Bicycle to Harpers Ferry and tour the historic town
- Car-free biking on the C&O Canal Towpath
- Group Shuttles available for bikes, gear, and riders!
Hiking Tours near Harpers Ferry
- Guided hiking trips in the Harpers Ferry area
- Maryland Heights Trail- Hike to Famous Harpers Ferry Overlook
- Nature Survival Hikes – educational and fun
- Scavenger Hunt Hikes – groups love these!
- Hiker Shuttles for Appalachian Trail and more
Shuttles for Harpers Ferry Region
- Biking shuttles for C&O Canal Towpath
- Hiking Shuttles for AT Hikers
- Charter Bus & Van Rentals
- Group Transportation Services
- Serving Tri-State Region: Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia
Hot Deals on Harpers Ferry Adventures
- Seasonal Specials
- Current Promotions
- Highlighted Trips
- Tubing Season Passes
- Always the perfect (and thoughtful) adventure gift
- Good for Rafting, Tubing, Rentals, Camping & Merchandise
- Does not ever expire!
- Give the gift of memory-making adventures!