Shenandoah River Tubing near Harpers Ferry, WV
Shenandoah River Tubing is hugely popular thanks to terrific mellow floating & beautiful scenery. Ages 4+.
Mellow River Tubing on the Shenandoah River
Voted one of the TOP 10 TUBING RIVERS IN THE NATION by USA Today’s Reader’s Choice
The Shenandoah tubing trip is a “kick back and enjoy” tubing trip near Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. You park your car where the trip ends, and we’ll shuttle you 1 ½ miles upriver where you will splash and play through some small rapids before beginning your leisurely float down the river. Dropping over shallow ledges along the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains, you are sure to enjoy this mellow and beautiful stretch of river. On-line booking discount 5% off. Book online until 30 minutes before your trip, although the sooner the better as spaces fill fast!
The perfect leisurely tubing float for the youngest guests – age 4+!
This is the most popular tubing trip in Harpers Ferry, and it’s easy to see why! Cool off for 1 to 2 hours while you enjoy a relaxed summer float on the historic Shenandoah River with friends and family.
A Natural Lazy River Adventure On the Shenandoah River. “Lazy River” is a term often used for a tubing experience at a water parks. The BEST Lazy River experience is a natural one like our River Tubing Adventure on the Shenandoah. Nothing beats a scenic float on a natural river with River and Trail.
Top 5 PERKS to Tubing the Shenandoah with River & Trail Outfitters
- Tube right to your car at the end of your trip. No need to wait for a shuttle back!
- Double the fun with more than one run! (as availability and time permits). Last run of the day is 3 pm on weekdays, 4 pm on weekends.
- Add kayaking or canoeing for only $10 more.
- Select retail, snacks & cold drinks to enjoy after “working” up that appetite from relaxing on the river
- Mellow & relaxing, this tubing trip suits most ages (min. age 4) and abilities offering an easy float down a mellow stretch of the Shenandoah.
On-line booking discount of 5% off
With Advance Reservations – up to 30 minutes before trip
- Weekdays: $32/adult | $30/youth 12 & under*
- Saturdays: $41/adult | $37/youth 12 & under*
- Sundays: $39/adult | $35/youth 12 & under*
*Add 6% sales tax + $2.50 user fee/person
No hidden booking fees
Walk-ins will be charged a higher rate.
- Backrest tube: $6 upgrade
- Tube strap to hold tubes together: $2.50 upgrade
- Extra tube for cooler w/tube strap: $13 upgrade
Dimensions of interior of cooler tube
21.5″ x 13″ x 6.5″
Fits a 12 to 36 quart cooler size
- Dog Tube $22 Recommended to bring dogs on #1 weekdays or #2 Sundays. Well trained dogs that will stay close to you only.
- Add kayaking/canoeing: $10 upgrade
- Group 10-19: $5 off/person
- Group 20-39: $7 off/person
- Group 40+: $9 off/person
*Groups must pay collectively to be eligible for group discounts.
*Guide for groups may be added to trip for $100
May 20 – June 18 and September 5-30
Weekdays: 11:00am – 2:00pm
Weekends: 10:00am – 3:00pm
*Shuttles leave approximately every 20 minutes
June 17-September 4 & Holidays
Weekdays: 11:00am – 3:00pm
Weekends: 10:00am – 4:00pm
*Shuttles leave approximately every 15 minutes
- Quality standard tube with or w/o a seat bottom
- Life vest
Required Minimum Age: 4 years old (must be able to swim)
Weight Requirements: If under 50 lbs. must supply own coastguard certified PFD w/ crotch strap
Duration: 1-2 hours
PARK & PADDLE
Kayak or Canoe around a mellow section of the Shenandoah River before or after your tube float for only $10/person more! This is located at the same site as mellow Shenandoah Tubing. *Discount will be applied at checkout after both items have been added to your cart.
Rafting at Harpers Ferry
Stay another day with us and add an entry level whitewater rafting trip to your itinerary. Save $10/person on your tube and raft trip combo when you book them on consecutive days. *Discount will be applied at checkout after both items have been added to your cart.
Brunswick family campground
Relax at our riverfront campground beside the Potomac River and the C&O Canal Towpath, just 15 minutes from Harpers Ferry. Tent, RV and cabins available. Bike, canoe, kayak and tube rentals onsite. Playground, pavilions, bath house, camp store. Campers get 10% discount on select River & Trail activities.