Cabin Rentals on the Potomac River
Rustic Cabin rentals at Brunswick Family Campground on the Potomac River are the perfect base for Harpers Ferry Adventures!
Cabin Rentals Near Harpers Ferry at Brunswick Family Campground
Brunswick Family Campground is on a secluded stretch of land between the Potomac River and the C&O Canal National Historical Park near Harpers Ferry, and just outside Brunswick, Maryland. The Canal’s scenic towpath winds past the campground and provides the only road access to this riverfront campground. So sit back, and enjoy the scenic views of Short Hill Mountain, the Potomac River, great blue herons and the occasional eagle that passes by.
Renting a cabin on the Potomac is perfect for biking, hiking, boating and exploring the history of the canal.
Cabin Rentals Details:
- Sleep up to 6
- Custom-designed fold out beds
double bed size on the bottom, single on top*
- Mattress with vinyl cover
- Air conditioning & heater
- Custom-designed fold out table
- Small front porch
- Power Outlets
- Fire Pit, Picnic Table
- Outdoor Water Source
- Bath house with hot showers
- Complimentary limited bandwidth WiFi is available but will be spotty so do not count on it!
*Maximum weight for top beds 200 lbs, bottom beds 400 lbs
**Please bring your own camp chairs, linens & pillows
Cabins full for the weekend? Check out our upgraded rental for small groups, The Loft, only 10 minutes away.
Brunswick is a railroad town, and offers the romance and nostalgia that trains evoke. For those sensitive to noise and sleeping with windows open, you may want to bring earplugs for sleeping. The campground is located near the train tracks that border the C&O Canal and some trains run at night and do change cars at the local station.
Cabin Rental Details
Required for Reservations
- 2 night minimum on Fridays & Saturdays
- 3 night minimum on holiday weekends & holidays
- maximum 6 people/cabin
- credit card required at the time of reservation
- primary guest must be 25 years or older
Sunday-Thursday Mar 24-Nov 12
$91 any cabin*
Friday & Saturday Mar 25-May 1
$105 Cabins in the woods *
$120 Riverview Cabin*
Friday & Saturday May 5-Nov 11
$145 Cabins in the woods*
$160 Riverview Cabin*
*prices are per night
Holidays & Holiday Weekends
$155 Cabins in the woods*
$170 Riverview Cabin*
*prices are per night
River and Trail Outfitters Campground Store Supplies:
Snacks and drinks
Camping supplies & souvenirs
Kayaks & Canoes to try before you buy
Check-in for the following trips at our Campground Store:
- Kayaking or Canoeing – Mellow water or beginner whitewater
- Sunset Potomac Kayak Tour
- Biking the C&O Canal
- Bath house with hot showers
- Use of pavilions when not rented
- Horseshoes, volleyball, basketball
- Use of playground
- Campground store with ice, firewood, drinks, snacks, ice cream, and other necessities
- Wildflowers, birds, wildlife along the river trails
- Complimentary limited bandwidth WiFi is available at check in and most RV sites. Internet speeds can accommodate social media use and general web browsing.
Brunswick Family Campground
See location details here.
- Credit Card required at the time of reservation and for security
Primary guest must be 25 years or older
- Check in time is 3pm and later.
- Check out time is 11 am.
Cancellation & Payment Policy.
- Payment is due upon making the reservation. No money refunds are given. However, you may reschedule your trip to a later date with two days notice.
- A credit card must be on file in the case any damage occurs to the cabins during your stay.
No Smoking policy
- The cabins are smoke free.
- No pets allowed in the cabins. They may be leashed outside if they are quiet and not prone to barking or kept in your vehicle weather permitting.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times in the campground and must be cleaned up after.
- People 16 & older must have Maryland fishing licenses to fish in the Potomac.
- Licenses can be bought at Brunswick Hardware on Potomac Street in Brunswick, MD.
- 10:00pm – 9:00am
- Alcohol is not permitted anywhere in the campground except within one’s cabin, RV, trailer, or tent.
- Those who violate this policy will be asked to leave with no refund.
- No tents or RVs may be added to the cabin site.
campground Activities - 10% Off for campers!
Enjoy an easy bike ride on the C&O Canal with our beach cruiser style bikes. Harpers Ferry is only 6 miles one way! Ask us for a bike lock to lock up your bike and walk over the pedestrian bridge to explore the National Park and treat yourself to lunch and ice cream.
CANOE & KAYAK RENTALs
Launch from the campground on a 2 hour mellow and beautiful section of the Potomac River where great blue herons and eagles fly. Or paddle to the campground on a Saturday Guided Sunset Paddle which features light rapids!
campground Tube rentals
Renta a tube and walk up river 3/4 mile and enjoy a lazy float back to the campground. Go as many times as you want. On Fri & Sat, enjoy our 3 hr Potomac Mellow Tubing Deluxe trip leaving right from the Campground.
Harpers Ferry Rafting & Tubing
The most fun you can have is on the river! White water rafting trips depart daily on the Shenandoah & Potomac Rivers. Tubing options include mellow Shenandoah River & Potomac River trips and Harpers Ferry white water tubing trips.