Cabin Rentals on the Potomac near Harpers Ferry in Maryland
- Dates: Mar 29- Nov 3
- Duration: 2 night minimum Fri & Sat
- Price: $69- $129/night
- Includes: Vinyl mattresses, 2 double beds, 2 single (fold out)
- Location: Brunswick, MD
Brunswick Family Campground is on a secluded stretch of land between the Potomac River and the C&O Canal National Historical Park in Frederick County, Maryland. The Canal’s scenic towpath winds past the campground and provides the only road access to this riverfront campground. So sit back, and enjoy the scenic views of Short Hill Mountain, the Potomac River, great blue herons and the occasional eagle that passes by.
Renting a cabin on the Potomac is perfect for biking, hiking, boating and exploring the history of the canal.
Cabin Rentals Sleep up to 6 and include
- Custom-designed fold out beds
double bed size on the bottom, single on top*
- Mattress with vinyl cover
- Air conditioning & heater
- Custom-designed fold out table
- Small front porch
- Power Outlets
- Fire Pit
- Outdoor Water Source
- Picnic Table
- Bath house with hot showers
- Horseshoes, volleyball, shuffleboard, basketball
- Use of playground
- Ice and vending machines
- Wildflowers, birds, wildlife along the river trails
- Complimentary limited bandwidth WiFi is available but will be spotty so do not count on it!
*Maximum weight for top beds 200 lbs, bottom beds 400 lbs
**Please bring your own camp chairs, linens & pillows
For those sensitive to noise, wear earplugs or bring your iPod. The campground is located near the train tracks that border the C&O Canal and sounds of trains break the silence.
- Nearby Attractions
- Campground Store & Outdoor Activities
- Reservations and Map
Required for Reservations
- 2 night minimum on Fridays & Saturdays
- 3 night minimum on holiday weekends & holidays
- maximum 6 people/cabin
- credit card required at the time of reservation
- primary guest must be 25 years or older
Sunday-Thursday Mar 29-Nov 3
Friday & Saturday Mar 29-May 23 and Sep 3-Nov 3
Friday & Saturday May 24-Sep 2
*prices are per night
Credit Card required at the time of reservation and for security
Primary guest must be 25 years or older
Check in time is 3pm and later.
Check out time is 11 am.
Cancellation & Payment Policy.
- Payment is due upon making the reservation. No money refunds are given. However, you may reschedule your trip to a later date with two days notice.
- A credit card must be on file in the case any damage occur to the cabins during your stay.
No Smoking policy
- The cabins are smoke free.
- No pets allowed in the cabins. They may be leashed outside if they are quiet and not prone to barking or kept in your vehicle weather permitting.
- People 16 & older must have Maryland fishing licenses to fish in the Potomac. Licenses can be bought at Brunswick Hardware on Potomac Street in Brunswick, MD.
- 10:00pm – 7:00am
- Alcohol is not permitted anywhere in the campground except within one’s cabin, RV, trailer, or tent. Those who violate this policy will be asked to leave with no refund.
- No tents or RVs may be added to the cabin site.
Paddling, Tubing, & Biking right from the campground!
All activities below depart right from the campground making for easy, convenient FUN! Biking & Tubing based on availability at a given time and equipment must be returned by 7pm.
- departures from the campground, 2 hr to 4.5 hr floats available with reservations
- Float a gentle stretch of the Potomac River. Walk up river 3/4 mile and enjoy a lazy float back to the campground. Go as many times as you want. Or check out our other tubing adventures.
- Rentals on the scenic Chesapeake & Ohio Canal
*Book cabin rental separately from activities
Lovers of the outdoors and American history will find an abundance of activities within 10-30 minutes of Brunswick, MD. Three additional national parks make for great areas of exploration. Kids and adults alike will enjoy visiting Antietam National Park, Harpers Ferry National Park and hiking along sections of the famous Appalachian Trail. During your stay, River & Trail Outfitters offers a 10% discount on all adventure tours listed below.*
- Biking rentals on the C&O Canal*
- Whitewater rafting, tubing, kayaking, canoeing*
- Paddle & Pour Specialty tours*
- Hiking trails and hiking group tours
- Zip line – 185 feet of fun
- Brunswick Railroad Museum with its famous HO-scale model trains
- Brunswick Swimming Pool
- Antique Shops
- Brunswick Rail yards and train station
- Civil War sites including Harpers Ferry National Historical Park, Antietam National Battlefield, Monocacy Battlefield Park,
- Gathland and Gambrill State Parks
- Nearby Restaurants: Beans n the Belfry, Potomac Street Grill, King’s Pizza
Brunswick Campground is located approx 15 minutes from Harpers Ferry, WV and approx 25 minutes from Frederick, MD.
The address is: 40 Canal Road Brunswick, MD 21716.
As you approach, this address takes you through a railroad parking lot. Once you are at this MARC train station parking area, go over 2 sets of railroad tracks and down a mini-hill to the stop sign (t-intersection). Turn left onto the gravel road and continue about 3/4 mile(this is the C&O Canal). Campground is on the right.
Hikers/Bikers on the C&O Canal towpath: The campground is located between mileposts 54 and 55.
Directions from DC/Baltimore area to Brunswick Campground:
Take 270N to 70W, or 70W to Frederick. At Frederick, take exit #52 to 340 W. Go approximately 9 miles and take the “Petersville” 180 exit. Turn left onto 180 W(Jefferson Pike). Go 1.7 miles, turn left onto MD-79 W/Petersville Rd. Go approximately 2 miles to a stop light. Continue straight through the stop light to the bottom of the hill where you will enter a traffic circle. Take the 4th turnoff (sign says “to A street” and Marc Train). Bear right immediately onto Maple Ave to the stop light, go straight through. Once you are at the MARC train station parking area, go over 2 sets of railroad tracks and down a mini-hill to the stop sign (t-intersection). Turn left onto the gravel road and continue about 3/4 mile(this is the C&O Canal). Campground is on the right.
Directions from Northern Virginia:
Take 7 West (or 267 W the Greenway toll road) to route 9 West. Go 5-6 miles and turn right onto VA-287 N/Berlin Turnpike. Go 6.6 miles, turn left onto W. Broad Way. After 120 feet, turn right again onto VA-287 N/Berlin Turnpike. Go 2-3 miles, cross the Potomac River Bridge into Maryland. Enter the traffic circle and take the 2nd turnoff (sign says “to A street” and Marc Train). Bear right immediately onto Maple Ave to the stop light, go straight through. Once you are at the MARC train station parking area, go over 2 sets of railroad tracks and down a mini-hill to the stop sign (t-intersection). Turn left onto the gravel road and continue about 3/4 mile(this is the C&O Canal). Campground is on the right.
Directions from Harpers Ferry area and River & Trail Outfitters:
Take 340 N/E for 4-5 miles from Harpers Ferry into Maryland. Take the 180 to 478 exit to Knoxville Brunswick. Go 1/2 mile and turn right onto MD-478 E/Knoxville Rd (not an intersection). Go 2.3 miles and turn right at the stop light onto S Maple Ave. Once you are at the MARC train station parking area, go over 2 sets of railroad tracks and down a mini-hill to the stop sign (t-intersection). Turn left onto the gravel road and continue about 3/4 mile(this is the C&O Canal). Campground is on the right.
River and Trail Outfitters Campground Store Supplies:
Snacks and drinks
Camping supplies & souvenirs
Kayaks & Canoes to try before you buy
Check-in for the following trips at our Campground Store:
For reservations, please call 301-834-9950 until 5-7pm (depending on the day). Otherwise, you can check in directly at the campground. A manager can check you in until 9pm. Otherwise, you can find an open spot and pay in the morning. Please be sure to be courteous of others if setting up during evening hours.