Route 340 Road Closure Details
Pictured above is a map of River & Trail’s four check-in locations in and around the Harpers Ferry area (in Maryland and West Virginia). The road will be closed in between the bridges that connect the Harpers Ferry area. The road closure will impact all of the Outfitters in the area.
- Depending on which adventure you choose to enjoy and where you are coming from, you may have to take the detour or experience extra traffic due to the amount of cars being rerouted.
- Please plan accordingly.
- Important note: we have moved the rafting check in to 604 Valley Rd. Knoxville, MD 21758 (our original location) to accommodate the majority of our guests.
The road closure is scheduled to start September 12th, and last for roughly 90 days. The closure is roughly one mile in length. The goal of the project is to mitigate the dangers caused by the cut rock slope above the road that exhibit varying degrees of rockfall activity.
- For most of our guests, the best route will be determined by your GPS application from your point of departure.
- Please do not assume that your route to us will be the same as it was prior to the road closure.
- Due to the fact that we run trips out of 4 different locations in the Harpers Ferry area, we have options if you want to avoid the detour. If you want to choose an adventure that avoids the detour, please give us a call at (301) 834-9950 for assistance in determining which trip would best suit your needs.