River Quest Field School
This guided ecology tour of the Chesapeake Bay Watershed on the Shenandoah & Potomac Rivers is ideal for schools & private groups.
Study the Chesapeake Bay Watershed
River Ecology Tour for School Groups, Youth Groups, and Environmental Groups
“We all live downstream…”
This seven-mile canoe trip near beautiful and historic Harpers Ferry, West Virginia will study the health of the Shenandoah and Potomac rivers, major tributaries on the watershed system for the Chesapeake Bay. Program includes:
- Macro-invertebrate study
- Water testing
- Riverside search for river reptilian dwellers.
- Customizable lesson-plans provided
- Land-based program available
- Certified instructors and river guides included in the price
- Adaptable for all ages
The health of the Chesapeake Bay is dependent upon the actions of every citizen in the watershed. Join us in our efforts to educate the generations through this enlightening Chesapeake Bay watershed experience.
Special pricing and informational presentations available for schools! Contact our Group Sales Representative: (301) 834-9950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Rates available
- Suggested Minimum Age: 12
- Inquire with our Group Sales Representative about younger participants.
Add 5% amusement fee (for the Potomac River in Maryland) + $2.50 user fee/person to per person price. A tax exempt number is needed to be tax exempt from the 6% sales tax when running the Shenandoah River in West Virginia.
RIVER & TRAIL RECOMMENDS that you pack a lunch to eat along the river and at least 32 ounces of water.
- Available April – October for groups of 15 or more
- Trip Duration: 4-5 hours Recommended 10am start time.