Water to Wine – Tarara Winery Tour
- Dates: Sunday Oct 18 Saturdays May 23, June 6, Aug 29, Sep 26 (Groups of 10 or more may request custom dates)
- Duration: 5-6 hours
- Price: $99
- Includes: Guide, Equipment, $15 Food Voucher, Concert, Shuttle
- Location: near Leesburg, VA
River & Trail Outfitters offers outdoor enthusiasts with a taste for good food and great music the ultimate fun multi-adventure day of kayaking or canoeing on the Potomac River followed by live music at Loudoun County, Virginia’s top-rated Tarara Winery.
Come Enjoy the Day with Us!
The stress-busting triathlon of sensory goodness kicks off with a guided 4.5-to-7 mile mellow kayaking or canoeing tour down the gently flowing Potomac River, known for its wealth of wildlife and water birds, such as blue herons, wild ducks, and an occasional bald eagle spotting. Upon arriving at the winery near Leesburg, Virginia, invigorated paddlers chill out during a festive concert, while enjoying their choice of tasty picnic fare. Tarara’s featured wines are available for purchase by the glass or the bottle. The day wraps up on the winery’s meticulously manicured 475- acre farm savoring live music under the starry night.
“We wanted to create a fun, relaxing trip that allows people to unplug while enjoying the serene natural beauty of the surrounding land” says Natasha Baihly, who runs River & Trail Outfitters with her father Lee Baihly and other family members.
*Add 5% amusement fee + $2.50 user fee/person
- Choice of tandem canoe, tandem kayak or single kayak
- Shuttle service
- All equipment
- $15 food voucher for barbeque and other options
Add 5% amusement fee + $2.50 user fee/person*Wine purchase is not included in the trip but is available by the bottle.
- For the river trip: Be sure and bring a sack lunch/snack in a waterproof, compressible bag, and plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Food choices are from a local eatery and include:
Jules BBQ and Renzi’s pizza
Book on-line or call 301-834-9950 for reservations
Saturday, May 23
Saturday, June 6
Saturday, August 29
Saturday, September 26
Sunday, October 18
*This tour may be available on other dates for groups of 10 or more
Itinerary for Paddle, Wine & Concert Series:
- Meet our guides at Tarara Winery at 1:00 pm. Follow our directions from your confirmation or on the directions tab for exact location.
- Depart for canoe/kayak paddle at 1:30 pm.
- Return back to the winery approx. 4:30pm-5:00pm depending on water levels
- Possible option to do a wine tasting on your own if time before concert (not included in price)
- 6:30-9:30pm Live Concert & good food, enjoy wine for purchase
What to bring
- dry change of clothes
- suntan lotion
- glasses strap
- water bottle
River and Trail Outfitters Store Supplies:
- Snacks and drinks
- Trip Souvenirs such as t-shirts, hats, and patches
- Items you might forget like suntan lotion, inexpensive river shoes
- Quality outdoor gear such as kayaks, canoes, and paddling gear
From Baltimore/Washington DC: Take 270N or 70W to Frederick. At Frederick, merge with 70W if you were on 270. Go ½ mile and take Exit 340 W. Go a few miles and exit onto US 15 S. Cross the Potomac River Bridge into Virginia. Climb up a big hill. At the top of the hill is a Getty Gas Station, just beyond, turn Left onto St. Clair Lane, go 1.8 miles. Turn Left onto VA-622 “Lost Corner Road”, Go .9 miles. Turn Left onto Tarara Lane. Head towards the Wine-tasting parking lot at the end of the road and park in the grass where the River & Trail parking signs are (always stay right). From Virginia: Drive to Leesburg and take 15 North through and beyond Lucketts, Virginia. Turn right onto St. Clair Lane just before the Getty Gas Station. Go 1.8 miles. Turn Left onto VA-622 “Lost Corner Road”, Go .9 miles. Turn Left onto Tarara Lane. River and Trail guests will park in the main parking lot close to the Main Building; follow the signs to the tasting room and watch for River and Trail parking signs.
From Leesburg, VA From the intersection of Route 7 and Route 15, follow Route 15 North approximately 10 miles to the Village of Lucketts. Take a right onto Route 662. Follow Route 662 for 3 miles to Tarara Winery entrance on the left. All River and Trail guests will park in the main parking lot close to the Main Building; follow the signs to the tasting room and watch for River and Trail parking signs.
Alternate Route from Leesburg, VA From the intersection of Route 7 and Route 15, follow 15 North approximately 4 miles to Limeston School Rd./Route 661. Turn right on 661 and follow to the end (3 miles). Turn right onto Spinks Ferry Road/Route 657. Follow Route 657 2 miles to Lost Corner Rd/Route 662. Turn left onto Route 662. Follow Route 662 1 mile to Tarara Winery entrance on the right. River and Trail guests will park in the main parking lot close to the Main Building; follow the signs to the tasting room and watch for River and Trail parking signs.
From Point of Rocks, MD Take Route 15 South for approximately 3 miles. Turn left onto Route 658. At the stop sign turn left onto Route 662. Follow Route 662 for 1 mile to Tarara Winery entrance on the left. River and Trail guests will park in the main parking lot close to the Main Building; follow the signs to the tasting room and watch for River and Trail parking signs.
We Look Forward To You Joining Us!
Please Note: Spaces on these popular trips are limited and fill fast. Book Now To Secure Your Spot!