White water Rafting on the North Branch of the Potomac River
The North Branch of the Potomac River is an exciting rafting trip in the beautiful wilderness of western Maryland.
Potomac River rafting on the thrilling North Branch- limited Dam Releases!
A step up from the Shenandoah / Potomac River raft trip are the rolling waves of the Potomac’s North Branch! Dam releases from Jennings Randolph Lake provide optimum levels for whitewater rafting in a pristine wilderness setting. Ride rapids such as Top of the World and Bear Falls. Excellent camping is just around the corner.
What a THRILLING way to experience the Summer Season!!!
Great Getaway to Western Maryland
This trip, only three hours from the Washington DC area, is nestled in the heart of the Potomac Highlands, making for a fantastic day, overnight, or weekend getaway. Rapids are continuous Class II-III+ , and the high water volumes and steeper gradient of the North Branch create waves and rollers up to four feet high. Sections of calm water permit cliff-jumping, relaxation, and swimming. Experienced guides navigate each raft along the scenic seven mile raft trip from Barnum to Bloomington.
All-inclusive Rafting Adventure
Required Minimum Age: 10 yrs old
Our all-inclusive rafting adventure features:
- A light lunch overlooking Jennings-Randolph Lake
- Guide in each raft
- Shuttle to and from the river
- Life jacket, paddle, helmet
- Wet suits (needed on most trips!)
- Cliff-jumping option
Our guides live for this remote and rockin’ white water rafting journey… Join them!
For those who want to make a getaway or mini vacation of the trip…check out the Camping & Lodging link just below. Frostburg, Maryland is a lively university town featuring a mainstreet with shops, bars, and restaurants.
COVID Guidelines 2021 for Whitewater Rafting
- River & Trail works hard to ensure the safety of guests and staff. We will follow these protocols until they are no longer needed per health authorities.
- One group per raft with 4-5 guests in each raft plus a guide.
- Groups of less than 4 people may be accommodated by paying for 4 or using our single inflatable duckies.
- Drink, a granola bar and fruit snack are provided. Please bring 32 ounces+ water bottles for each person.
- Our staff & guests will be asked to wear masks while in vehicles and in our store.
- Please bring a watertight bag or container for your mask while on the river.
See more information on our COVID procedures.
- One run: $90/person
*Add 5% amusement fee + $2.50 user fee
Groups may be split up depending on variables such as group number, weight, and strength
- Groups of 10-24: $5 off/person (for one run)
- Groups of 25+: $6 off/person
*Groups must pay collectively to be eligible for discount.
2021 Dates: TBD
*For groups of 20 or more.
For reservations, call 301-834-9950 or book on-line
- Pepperoni roll or cheese roll with veggies/fruit/cookie served between trips on Saturday, and after the trips on Sunday
- Wetsuits are included and recommended, but are dependent on weather and water temperature
Required Minimum Age: 10 years old
Length of Trip: Approximately 3 hours on the river plus a picnic overlooking Randolph Jennings Lake
Brunswick family campground
Relax at our riverfront campground beside the Potomac River and the C&O Canal Towpath, just 15 minutes from Harpers Ferry. Tent, RV and group sites available. Bike, Canoe, Kayak and tube rentals onsite. Playground, pavilions, full hookups, bath house, camp store. Campers get 10% discount on select River & Trail activities.
Add a morning bike rental on the C&O Canal before your trip! Save $5/person on your tubing trip when you book a bike rental for the same day. Bike rental location is at the same place you check in for your tubing trip. *Discount will be applied at checkout after both items have been added to your cart.
CANOE & KAYAK RENTALs
Paddle down the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers PLUS Antietam Creek just one hour from DC on the Maryland, Virginia & West Virginia border! *Discount will be applied at checkout after both items have been added to your cart.