Savage River rafting Maryland
The world championship Savage River is exciting white water rafting in western Maryland.
Savage River white water rafting - limited releases & double runs!
River & Trail Outfitters introduces the Savage River for those looking for more white water rafting thrills. This dam release run is continuous Class III-IV whitewater rafting, which translates to five miles of crashing waves, drops, and some serious non-stop fun!
The Savage River is best known as the site of World Whitewater Championships and Olympic Whitewater Trials, as well as one of the finest trout streams in the East. Lying within the boundaries of the massive 50,000 acre Savage River State Forest in Garrett County, MD, the Savage and its tributaries flow through some of the last remaining old growth forests in Maryland.
This trip, only three hours from the Washington DC area, is perfect as a day, overnight, or weekend getaway. Our all-inclusive rafting adventure features a snack between trips, light picnic tail-gating style after both runs, guide in each raft, shuttle, equipment, and wet suit if needed.
For those who want to make a getaway or mini vacation of the trip, the area offers many outdoor and indoor activities that would interest visitors of all ages. Join River & Trail for this full day trip on the Savage, world class intermediate rafting at its best!
COVID GUIDELINES 2021 FOR WHITE WATER RAFTING
- River & Trail works hard to ensure the safety of guests and staff. We will follow these protocols until they are no longer needed per health authorities.
- One group per raft with 4-5 guests in each raft plus a guide.
- Groups of less than 4 people may be accommodated by paying for 4 or using our single inflatable duckies.
- Drink, a granola bar and fruit snack are provided. Please bring 32 ounces+ water bottles for each person.
- Our staff & guests will be asked to wear masks while in vehicles and in our store.
- Please bring a watertight bag or container for your mask while on the river.
See more information on our COVID procedures.
- All Inclusive: $104/person
*Add 5% amusement fee + $2.50 user fee
There is a maximum number of 4 people per raft on this trip. Groups of 5 or more will be split between our rafts.
- Groups of 10-24: $5 off/person
- Groups of 25+: $6 off/person
*Groups must pay collectively to be eligible for group discounts.
2021 Dates TBD
- Snack between runs
- Pepperoni or cheese roll with veggies, fruit, cookie
- Guide in each raft
- Shuttle for transportation
- Wetsuits are included and recommended, but are dependent on weather and water temperature
Length of trip: Approximately 3 hours on the river, includes two runs
Maximum number of people per raft: 5 people
Required Minimum Age: 14 years old
Relax at our riverfront campground beside the Potomac River and the C&O Canal Towpath, just 15 minutes from Harpers Ferry. Tent, RV and group sites available. Bike, Canoe, Kayak and tube rentals onsite. Playground, pavilions, full hookups, bath house, camp store. Campers get 10% discount on select River & Trail activities.
Add a morning bike rental on the C&O Canal before your trip! Save $5/person on your tubing trip when you book a bike rental for the same day. Bike rental location is at the same place you check in for your tubing trip. *Discount will be applied at checkout after both items have been added to your cart.
Paddle down the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers PLUS Antietam Creek just one hour from DC on the Maryland, Virginia & West Virginia border! *Discount will be applied at checkout after both items have been added to your cart.