The Loft - Primitive Cabin Rental near Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
Looking for a unique cabin rental? Located 3 miles east of Harpers Ferry National Park in West Virginia, the Loft location is perfect for exploring the scenic and stunning tri-state area where two rivers and three states meet. Four National Parks and Trails including the Appalachian Trail and Antietam National Battlefield are located within twenty-five minutes of this location.
Built over a small stream in 1972, River & Trail’s original Knoxville location has been repurposed to provide a novel “camping in a cabin” experience with certain creature comforts in an alternative setting.
Set up on a hill above our historic whitewater tubing check-in site, small groups can take advantage of the convenient location for this adventure, or opt for rafting, mellow tubing, and kayaking and canoeing trips within 15 minutes. All Loft rentals come with a 10% discount on all River & Trail Outfitters adventures.*
LOFT – CABIN RENTALS DETAILS:
- Sleeps up to 12*
- Custom built bunk beds sleep 8
- Two futons can sleep a total of 4**
- Mattresses & futons have easily cleaned vinyl covers
- Outdoor shower with hot water. (Bath house with multiple showers available at the Brunswick Family Campground 10 minutes away through April- Nov 14.
- Full size refrigerator/freezer
- Kitchen sink
- Microwave & toaster oven
- Coffee Maker
- Basic eating utensils, plates, mugs, etc…
- Air conditioning and heating unit
- High table that seats 8
- Small changing area
- Private Porta Pot
- Picnic Table
- Complimentary WiFi
- Flatscreen TV
- Outdoor propane grill
*Maximum weight for top beds 200 lbs, bottom beds 400 lbs
**Please bring your own camp chairs, linens & pillows. Bed space is available for 12 people, 14 may be accommodated if they bring gear to sleep on the floor.
***One futon is slightly smaller and would sleep two smaller people.
NOTES ON THE LOCATION
- The Loft is tucked away behind a hill just off of 340 heading to the Potomac River bridge. Sounds of cars & trucks may be heard.
- The Loft is also on a small plot of land built over a stream. It has steep and uneven stairs and paths surrounding it and may not be suited for small children.
THE LOFT CABIN RENTAL DETAILS
THE LOFT CABIN RENTAL DETAILS
THE LOFT RENTAL
Required for Reservations
- 2 night minimum on Fridays & Saturdays
- 3 night minimum on holiday weekends & holidays
- Maximum 8-12 people. 2 people may be added on the floor.
- Credit card required at the time of reservation
- Primary guest must be 25 years or older
Sunday thru Thursday
*no processing fees or cleaning fees, etc….
Friday & Saturday
*no processing fees or cleaning fees, etc…
- Credit Card required at the time of reservation and for security Primary guest must be 25 years or older
- Check in time is 3pm and later.
- Check out time is 11 am.
- Payment is due upon making the reservation. No money refunds are given. However, you may reschedule your trip to a later date with two days notice.
- A credit card must be on file in the case any damage occurs to the cabins during your stay.
- The cabins are smoke free.
- No pets allowed in the cabins. They may be leashed outside if they are quiet and not prone to barking or kept in your vehicle weather permitting.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times in the campground and must be cleaned up after.
- The creek is a fun place for kids to play. However, the way down to the creek may be steep and rocky. There may be bees or snakes and there are definitely crayfish and frogs. Please play at your own risk.
- 10:00pm – 9:00am
campground Activities - 10% Off for campers!
Enjoy an easy bike ride on the C&O Canal with our beach cruiser style bikes. Harpers Ferry is only 6 miles one way! Ask us for a bike lock to lock up your bike and walk over the pedestrian bridge to explore the National Park and treat yourself to lunch and ice cream.
Launch from the campground on a 2 hour mellow and beautiful section of the Potomac River where great blue herons and eagles fly. Or paddle to the campground on a Saturday Guided Sunset Paddle which features light rapids!
Renta a tube and walk up river 3/4 mile and enjoy a lazy float back to the campground. Go as many times as you want. On Fri & Sat, enjoy our 3 hr Potomac Mellow Tubing trip leaving right from the Campground.
The most fun you can have is on the river! White water rafting trips depart daily on the Shenandoah & Potomac Rivers. Tubing options include mellow Shenandoah River & Potomac River trips and Harpers Ferry white water tubing trips.